GreenGirt® Trim offers the best practice solution for wall openings on your project. Until now, continuous insulation systems have not considered wall openings. They have been solely designed for the field of the wall. This created a vulnerability from through-wall metal connections. Exterior trim to interior framing at the wall opening locations has resulted in thermal inefficiencies.
GreenGirt® Trim solve this problem by replacing the through-wall metal connection at wall openings with a composite profile for finish flashing attachment. This will bring thermal equilibrium with the balance of your continuous insulation wall system and provide energy savings, building compliance, and a healthier building for you and your customer.
|Insulation Type|| |
Polyiso, XPS, Mineral wool, spray foam
|System includes|| |
90 degree FRP angles, FRP flat stock
|GreenGirt® Trim Sizes|| |
2”x3” angle, 6” flat, 12” flat. For other angle sizes, please contact your Sales Rep.
|Insulation Thickness|| |
2”, 2.5”, 3”, 3.5”, 4”, 4.5”, 5”, 5.5”, 6”
|GreenGirt® Trim Orient|| |
|Types of Cladding|| |
GreenGirt® Trim is a complete solution for the heat loss at windows and curtain-wall transition details. It eliminates thermal bridging – providing best practices for thermal efficiency.
• Eliminates thermal bridging at wall openings
• Available in a 90˚ profile and flexible flat for square/rectangular and round/arched openings.
• Thermal efficiency > 85% than legacy systems
• Eliminates blind fasteners
• Fasten trim to building structure without metal to metal contact
• Part of the Best Practices for a continuous insulation solution
• More universal than stainless steel – compatible with virtually all building materials
• Zero through-wall metal short-circuits
• Part of a complete system to provide a comprehensive continuous insulation solution
• The weakest link is now the strongest link
• Universal solution works with all continuous insulation configurations
• Certification tested with ASTM E-84 and NFPA 285
GreenGirt® Trim is an FRP composite providing a complete solution for the heat loss at windows and curtainwall transition details. It eliminates thermal bridging – providing best practices for thermal efficiency.
Exterior trim to interior framing at the wall opening locations has resulted in thermal inefficiencies. In fact, efficiency can be reduced to 25% in the area of the wall cavity surrounding the opening. In other words, your R-19 rated wall may have an efficiency of R-5, along with the associated dew point problems inside the cavity around the wall openings.